Hamas will hand over the remains of four dead hostages, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office confirmed on Wednesday. Additionally, Netanyahu’s office said that the terror group is expected to deliver the hostages’ remains without “ceremonies.”
Last week, Hamas was widely condemned for holding a ceremony with the coffins of four dead hostages: Ariel Bibas, Kfir Bibas, Shiri Bibas and Oded Lifshitz. The coffin that was supposed to contain Shiri Bibas’ remains was later discovered to have the body of an unidentified Gazan woman. Shiri’s remains were later returned to Israel.
“These Hamas monsters also cynically refused to bring back the boys’ mother, Shiri, and sent the body of a Gazan woman instead, in brazen violation of the agreement,” Netanyahu said in a statement on Feb. 21.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu speaks during a press conference in Jerusalem on Dec. 9, 2024. (MAYA ALLERUZZO/POOL/AFP via Getty Images)
Oded Lifshitz, one of the slain hostages whose remains were returned last week, was laid to rest on Tuesday. His wife, Yocheved, delivered an emotional eulogy in which she vowed to fight to get the remaining hostages home.
While Shiri, Ariel and Kfir Bibas were buried on Wednesday together in one casket, according to the Times of Israel. Yarden Bibas, who was also taken hostage on Oct. 7 but was later released, eulogized his wife and two young sons. He also apologized to his wife and sons for not being able to protect him during Hamas’ brutal attacks.
“Shiri, this is the closest I’ve been to you since October 7th, and I can’t kiss or hug you, and it’s breaking me,” Yarden Bibas said.
Rachel Wolf is a breaking news writer for Fox News Digital and FOX Business.
Leave a Reply